Some times because of this option, you will get an error like this
“API access is not available or user expiry Duration is less than or equal to auth token expiry duration”
Step by Step Guide:
- Go to GST Portal www.gst.gov.in & click on “Login” on the right top of the screen.
- Next, enter your login credentials i.e your registered username and password.
- As you log in, you will be taken to your dashboard. Click on “View Profile” link.
- You will be taken to your “Profile” . Here click on ‘Manage API Access’ from Quick Links.
- Under Manage API Access, click on “Yes” to enable API request.
- Now, In the duration drop-down menu, preferably select the duration as “30 days” from the drop-down menu and click on ‘Confirm’. The session time will determine how long each authentication through OTP will be valid.
- Finished! You will get a success message. You can now go back to gstserver.com to use all tools.